Location Guelph, ON Canada
Schedule Mon-Fri; 7:00am-3:30pm
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing team in a critical role. The Material Handler is a person in the production environment who is tasked with keeping workstations fully stocked with materials, thus controlling the continuous flow of productivity. This is a key position that will be responsible for providing materials and parts to their groups, to allow the production associates to remain in their work cells and stay focused on their assembly and product testing activities.
- Coordinate shipping of outgoing product, preparing and loading material in a timely manner to meet delivery deadlines and customer requirements.
- Receive incoming shipments, check orders for accuracy and ensure all products. indicated have been received and accounted.
- Operate forklift in a safe manner to load/unload trucks.
- Responsible for production line material replenishment.
- Assist in inventory management through documentation processes and inventory counts.
- Operate equipment in accordance with standard operating and quality assurance procedures.
- Verify comprehensiveness of work order documents and complete initial and in process quality inspections.
- Record work order completions and in-process fallout through SAP MRP data collection terminals.
- Report and discuss concerns or requirements for assistance with leadership
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Previous experience in shipping/receiving and material handling required.
- Solid computer knowledge, specifically MS Office applications and ERP (SAP an asset).
- Previous experience with arranging truck scheduling for internal and external carriers.
- Experience working with customs documents and third-party carrier documents.
- Forklift experience required, DZ license an asset.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Grade 12 education.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. and stand for a 8-hour shift.
- Solid time management and prioritizing skills to meet changing demands.
We thank you for your interest in working for Melitron. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Melitron is an equal employment opportunity employer. If you require a specific accommodation, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process.