Location Guelph, ON Canada
Schedule Mon-Fri; 8:00am-4:30pm
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team and develop your manufacturing and technical knowledge base working in our high-tech production facilities. Our enclosure fabrication building employs state-of-the-art automated laser cutting, robotic forming and welding, and powder coating equipment. The assembly building integrates electronics into goods shipped globally for a wide range of industries, including Melitron’s own digital signage and EV charging product lines. In this role, you will refine your engineering skills working closely with manufacturing, engineering, and quality personnel to monitor the production processes and support with technical analysis and problem solving.
- Inspect and audit in-coming, in-process and finished purchased and manufactured goods including sheet metal components and fully assembled, integrated electro-mechanical products
- Use quality measurement equipment (portable CMM, optical comparator, laser scanner, gauges) to perform first-article and in-process inspections of manufactured product for conformance to specifications
- Conduct and report on product and process audits
- Train production employees in the proper use of quality tools for inspection and test methods
- Maintain all quality records related to product and receiving inspection processes
- Identify and control internal and external non-conforming material.
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree/Diploma or equivalent, ideally in a mechanical engineering related field
- 1-3 years of quality or manufacturing-related experience
- Strong understanding of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001 or equivalent)
- Blueprint reading knowledge and experience
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office products (Word, Excel)
- Technical and practical experience in metrology and inspection/test equipment
- Experience with mechanical and electronic assembly/integration is preferred
- Experience with sheet metal manufacturing in a contract-manufacturing environment is an asset
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities, timelines, and requirements
- Strong communication and organizational skills
We thank you for your interest in working for Melitron. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Melitron is an equal employment opportunity employer. If you require a specific accommodation, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process.